Monday, March 14, 2011

My Reading from Contemplating Eve: The Collected Works




Yawns and laughter are contagious
child-like laughter
the clapping up of spirits
I can feel your eyes graze my face
as you search me from one side to another
now your silence  
evidence of an active inner life
shameless
when I look at you I know
just how ephemeral sadness is
and although you are now gone
even still
your spirit abides in me
go softly, go gently


*

Climb into this tender loving place, which are
my arms. Lay your head next to my
heart and hear it beat.

Be lulled, be warmed
soothingly to sleep.

Climb up my bosom and the side of my face,
through my tight tendrils and arrive
dreaming.

Think of my gentle whisper, my soft touch.
Know that as I envelop your lithe frame
that I hold you closely,
dearly to my soul.


 *

Love

Love is…
constant
Love is…
knowing
Love is…
That we cannot hold each other more dearly

Love is…
Joy
Love is…
My joy
Love is…
Your joy
Love is…
Never letting go

You see my parents taught me how to love.
I had forgotten entirely what mattered--


But, then there is you.
And, now there is you.